So you’ve booked a class and are ready to dance?! Whether you’re attending Ballet, Contemporary, Jazz, Zumba or Hip-Hop, here are some great tips from our Studios Director Ramon Doringo on how to prep for your upcoming dance class.
- Have a good night’s sleep the night before.
- Bring a bottle of water and a hand towel. Don’t eat too much food beforehand (a piece of fruit or energy bar is recommended).
- If you get into class early, do some easy simple stretches to warm up and find a spot where you can see the teacher and the mirror.
- Spacial awareness – be aware of your space and the space around you, making sure you don’t bump into anyone.
- Have a great time and remember to bring your sense of humour!
Sydney Dance Company Studios is located at The Wharf, Pier 4, Hickson Road, in Sydney’s busy arts precinct at Walsh Bay. We have four large dance studios where the Company rehearses and over 70 dances classes are offered every week, and a popular bar/cafe which is open six days a week.