Each year, more people experience Sydney Dance Company outside Sydney than in it. Over the last five years, 52% of our performances were outside Sydney and this year alone, almost 80% of the venues we will perform in in Australia are outside capital cities. Our full time ensemble is regularly performs in Australian capital cities, regional centres and internationally and we are passionate about showing our work as widely as possible.
Our regular international tours give us the opportunity to share Australian contemporary dance with audiences all over the world. Over the last two years we have performed in Europe, Hong Kong, New Zealand and South America. We are incredibly proud that we have shared 17 works by 8 different choreographers outside Australia in the last five years and that we have become one of the most sought after contemporary dance companies in the world.
Sydney Dance Company’s Touring Fund keeps us on the road and in the air. By making a tax-deductible donation to the Touring Fund, you will be:
- Showcasing the best Australian contemporary dance to global audiences
- Contributing to the cultural exchange on our International Tour
- Ensuring that audiences across all states and territories of Australia can enjoy contemporary dance in their home town
- Supporting the health, wellbeing and creative development of young people through education activities delivered as part of our touring schedule
- Educating the next generation of young dancers through regional and international master-classes
We welcome all our Partners to join us on tour, and regularly arrange Partner trips so you can share the experience of new audiences in new locations, around the globe with us.
For more information, please contact Lizzi Nicoll, Development Director on (02) 9258 4832 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All donations over $2 to Sydney Dance Company are tax-deductible. Donations can be made annually or in monthly instalments.
Sydney Dance Company is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR). It is covered by Item 1 of the table in section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.